SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) is a cost-effective solution that offers increased network resiliency and better application performance across complex network environments.
SD‐WAN uses software and cloud‐based technologies to simplify the delivery of WAN services to remote locations. SD‐WAN enables IT and business managers to deploy Internet‐based connectivity (with its benefits of ubiquity, high bandwidth, and low cost) easily, quickly and with quality, reliability, and security.
As businesses continue their digital transformations, implementing multiple cloud-based applications and tools, they’re going to need a network that supports the need for increased network resiliency and better application performance across complex network environments. They also want a solution that’s both cost-effective and flexible.
What that really means:
- Traffic prioritization down to the application level
- Improved reliability through link aggregation and instant failover using packet steering
- Rapid deployment of new sites with the ability to replicate existing locations
- Provisioning streamlined through the orchestration layer (central management)
- Increased visibility into the network performance and analytics
- Security by encrypting the traffic on public or private networks
- Option to utilize more cost-effective back-up networks and forego costly fiber purchases